First published back in 1995, Settlers of Catan is one of the world's most widely known Eurogames. Considered by many to be the gateway game of choice.
In Catan (formerly The Settlers of Catan), players try to be the dominant force on the island of Catan by building settlements, cities, and roads. On each turn dice are rolled to determine what resources the island produces. Players collect these resources (cards)—wood, grain, brick, sheep, or stone—to build up their civilizations to get to 10 victory points and win the game.
Catan has won multiple awards and is one of the most popular games in recent history due to its amazing ability to appeal to experienced gamers as well as those new to the hobby.
Catan 5th Edition has hit our shores. 5th Edition is completely compatible with your 4th Edition games. The die lines and die cut remain identical, meaning you could mix and match a 4th Edition copy of Settlers with a 5th Edition of Seafarers without difficulty or compatibility issues.
Please understand that the following changes have been made.
- The boxes have all transitioned from landscape to portrait.
- The graphics of all covers and tiles and cards were executed by the same artist.
- The backs of all cards remain the same, the faces of the cards are new art.
- The tiles have similar perspective to the 4th edition tiles, but the art is new and slightly different, it’s a new artist.
- The dice remain the same
- The wood components remain the same colours and supplier.
- The rules book contains new graphics.
- The tile size and cut remain the same as the previous 4th edition, since July 2013.